The Presence Confederation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Presence Confederation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

spensers

Go down 
+5
Vergobretus
Joecuki
Onoz
Lord David
Limb77
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Vorlax

spensers Empty
PostSubject: spensers   spensers EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 11:41 pm

Greetings from Huskies!

Recently, one of our alliance members - spensers - settled in a 15 cropper that dozbones claimed. I realize that it was a bad mistake, but spensers was not careful in making sure he was not stepping on any toes in settling there.

With that said, he has been attacked and catapulted lately and as a diplomat for Huskies, I ask if there is anything we can do about it. Destroying his villages will not profit the Presence confederation in any way other than to state a point - and believe me that point has already been stated clearly.

Please contact me if there is something that can be worked out, and thanks for your time!

Vorlax
Back to top Go down
Limb77

Limb77

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 12:32 am

If the Huskies and spensers wished to show good faith and make a request to leave spensers other villages alone, they might consider wasting their own resources and time catapulting this village to nothing. As I see it now, we have more than just a point to prove. We have a claimed cropper to recover.
Back to top Go down
Vorlax

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 12:54 am

We can give up the 15c - if given a few days we can 0 pop it.

If you gave us a few days to do that, would we be able to save spensers' main village?

Thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Lord David

Lord David

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 1:30 am

He sould have to pay for any troops that have been killed!
Back to top Go down
Vorlax

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 1:37 am

No troops were killed in the process - we knew better than to try to defend. If this is okay, I will get to destroying his village right away.
Back to top Go down
Onoz

Onoz

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 3:22 am

Wazoo rules!

Go cougs!

Seriously though, me and nudebovine both go to UW flower
Back to top Go down
Vorlax

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 2:08 pm

Crazy... no joke?! What a small world.

Well, I guess that's not really the thing to say since I guess UW is quite big.
Back to top Go down
Vorlax

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 2:12 pm

So we are in the process of destroying the 15 cropper so that we can hand it back to dozbones. It will not happen again. If you guys want to help too, you can catapult the 15c instead of his main and we'll be able to hand it back a lot quicker. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Joecuki
Admin
Joecuki

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:54 pm

Wait... Which UW? Wisconsin or Washington?

As far as I'm concerned, this matter is essentially solved. Take down the 15c, and settle it back up!
Back to top Go down
Vergobretus
Admin
Vergobretus

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 3:51 am

is there another UW quite as good as wisconsin joe?
Back to top Go down
mdaiter

mdaiter

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 9:02 am

Of course there is not a UW as good as Wiscosin, but they're talking about Washington.

Vorlax wrote:
Greetings from Huskies!

Not greetings from the Badgers
Back to top Go down
tommyz

tommyz

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 9:11 am

Vergobretus wrote:
is there another UW quite as good as wisconsin joe?

U of W? Is that some secondary school? I know U of M is the only real school... Cool
Back to top Go down
Limb77

Limb77

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 9:21 am

I thought U of W was the University of Waterloo which is an okay school but nowhere near as good as The University of Toronto. (Go Blues!)
Back to top Go down
tommyz

tommyz

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 9:55 am

Limb77 wrote:
I thought U of W was the University of Waterloo which is an okay school but nowhere near as good as The University of Toronto. (Go Blues!)

They have colleges in Canada? affraid
Back to top Go down
Limb77

Limb77

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 10:03 am

Yes... but they are actually schools and not thinly disguised fan clubs for football teams. Wink
Back to top Go down
tommyz

tommyz

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 11:02 am

Limb77 wrote:
Yes... but they are actually schools and not thinly disguised fan clubs for football teams. Wink

lol...Touche'
Back to top Go down
Emerauldessence

Emerauldessence

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 11:39 am

No! Universities in Canada, eh? You must be kidding me, eh! I was sure I was at my igloo for eight months this past year, eh. The polar bear must have hit me too hard on the head, eh. Perhaps it was all the maple syrup I drank, eh. You sure you don't want some, eh? I'll trade you some for that shiny tube thing you just killed the buffalo with, eh. You want some beaver cap with that, eh, or do you prefer some of these oddly coloured papers, eh? Monopoly money, eh? What do you mean you can't exchange my Monopoly money for your green ones, eh?

Honestly, I don't mean to make fun of you, tommyz. However, you must admit some of the preconceived notions about Canada and Canadians are quite ridiculous. I can assure you that Canada is quite similar to the United States. In fact, I think the only differences you will notice in a Canadian city is the colder weather (though it's still ridiculously hot by my standards), some unfamiliar stores, and fewer guns (unless you go to Jane & Finch).

By the way, the Monopoly money bit was real. One of my high school teachers went to a Detroit bank one summer to exchange some Canadian money. The banker then told my teacher that they don't accept Monopoly money there. When my teacher told the banker that it's Canadian money and said money is quite legal in Ontario, the banker had the most peculiar look on their face.

"Ontario, you know. It's the province just a few kilometers north of here. You know, where Canada's capital is?" My teacher asked.

"Of course it is," the banker said with the most condescendingly placating look on their face, "we still don't accept money not printed by a legitimate government."

Now, I realize that most U.S. citizens won't make mistakes as stupid as this, but it's people like this that really makes me fear for the future of our southern neighbour. Please, for the sake of all that is holy in the world, open your eyes. You're not the only civilized people in the world. The map for the United States may not show you Canada or the rest of the world, but it's there. We're not aliens. We eat, sleep, poop, go to school, go to work, have fun, get into fights, and fall in love too. Please don't treat us like we're a different species not even worth your notice, because it's quite insulting when you treat us as if we are.

By the way, Limb77, do the TAs at UofT speak comprehensible English? I head so many horror stories that it's not even funny anymore.
Back to top Go down
tommyz

tommyz

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:13 pm

Emerauldessence wrote:
No! Universities in Canada, eh? You must be kidding me, eh! I was sure I was at my igloo for eight months this past year, eh. The polar bear must have hit me too hard on the head, eh. Perhaps it was all the maple syrup I drank, eh. You sure you don't want some, eh? I'll trade you some for that shiny tube thing you just killed the buffalo with, eh. You want some beaver cap with that, eh, or do you prefer some of these oddly coloured papers, eh? Monopoly money, eh? What do you mean you can't exchange my Monopoly money for your green ones, eh?

Honestly, I don't mean to make fun of you, tommyz. However, you must admit some of the preconceived notions about Canada and Canadians are quite ridiculous. I can assure you that Canada is quite similar to the United States. In fact, I think the only differences you will notice in a Canadian city is the colder weather (though it's still ridiculously hot by my standards), some unfamiliar stores, and fewer guns (unless you go to Jane & Finch).

By the way, the Monopoly money bit was real. One of my high school teachers went to a Detroit bank one summer to exchange some Canadian money. The banker then told my teacher that they don't accept Monopoly money there. When my teacher told the banker that it's Canadian money and said money is quite legal in Ontario, the banker had the most peculiar look on their face.

"Ontario, you know. It's the province just a few kilometers north of here. You know, where Canada's capital is?" My teacher asked.

"Of course it is," the banker said with the most condescendingly placating look on their face, "we still don't accept money not printed by a legitimate government."

Now, I realize that most U.S. citizens won't make mistakes as stupid as this, but it's people like this that really makes me fear for the future of our southern neighbour. Please, for the sake of all that is holy in the world, open your eyes. You're not the only civilized people in the world. The map for the United States may not show you Canada or the rest of the world, but it's there. We're not aliens. We eat, sleep, poop, go to school, go to work, have fun, get into fights, and fall in love too. Please don't treat us like we're a different species not even worth your notice, because it's quite insulting when you treat us as if we are.

By the way, Limb77, do the TAs at UofT speak comprehensible English? I head so many horror stories that it's not even funny anymore.

Well, Living just west of Detroit, I know about Canada and grew up on CBC watching grapes obsession of canadian hockey players...It was a joke..YOu know.Like calling all canadians Canucks or Maple Leafs...Also, Ive been over to your nice country plenty of times..So it is all tounge and cheak..As long as your not French Canadians anyway.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Limb77

Limb77

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:49 pm

Well, it has been several years since I was at school but I had few problems then except for a first year Calculus course. The prof. was an exchange professor from Japan and had only a passing familiarity with the Queen's tongue. Of course at a school that large there are many sections of each course and more than one professor so we tried attending different lectures of the same course...

One Sri Lankan, one Taiwanese and one Chinese prof later, we gave up and relied upon our TA who was born and bred in Toronto and spoke aboot the best English ever, eh?

Trying to understand those professors really drove home the point that math is best done sober. To this day, I still never drink and derive. (*rimshot*)
Back to top Go down
Emerauldessence

Emerauldessence

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 5:10 pm

I'm glad you took the time to look outside the box, so to speak. Although I would have been even more appreciative if you had looked beyond hockey, I will take what I can get. I realize Canada doesn't have a fascinatingly exotic culture like Japan, Italy, or Africa, but I sincerely hope you will eventually take the chance to delve deeper than Hockey despite how fascinating it may be.

As for French Canadians, I've recently received some advice regarding that very subject. The man who advised me said I should greet the French Canadian in French when I initiate a conversation. He said that this shows the respect that we, as the English speaking population, have for their culture. As such, if you really can't speak French and switch back to English right after "bonjour", they will usually switch with you. I don't know if it actually works, so don't quote me. It can't really hurt to try though.

Calculus professors, what can I possibly say? I'm convinced that there's some sort of conspiracy going on. Can you believe that Western, which is just about the "whitest" public university there is, has one professor who spoke English without a heavy accent teaching first year Calculus? It's a nightmare. I'm not sure if the professors could have drove me to sobriety with their lectures because I don't drink to begin with, but I rearranged my schedule after the first semester of classes so I would have an hour of break after my Calculus classes because I used to get such headaches trying to figure out exactly what the professor was saying.

Oh, I love your "I never drink and derive" comment. It's so true. You can't really appreciate how much you love/hate Calculus until you've tried university Calculus and realized how it really affects your life. Have a drink on me. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
ScorchinScots

ScorchinScots

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 6:46 pm

Emerauldessence wrote:

They do not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

spensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: spensers   spensers Empty

Back to top Go down

spensers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Presence Confederation :: Presence Confederation Public Forum :: Diplomatic Requests-
Jump to: