The Presence Confederation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Presence Confederation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

drums fingers on the table top

Go down 
+3
Zerokyuuni
laxattack25
dezertrose
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dezertrose

dezertrose

drums fingers on the table top Empty
PostSubject: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 1:45 am

ya know....
Due to some screw ups and delays with my school district my new reading text books and teacher editions are nonexistent. School starts MONDAY for the kids. I am only now finally able to create my syllabus and attempt my lesson plans. There was a HUGE storm raging outside this evening. 55+MPH winds. The glass doors going to the yard were buckling. The airport even shut down. The planes were diverted to Vegas. Vegas shut down from too many diverted planes! The rain was falling sideways. The lightning was like nothing I have seen in a LONG time and the thunder was deafening. There are close to 2000 people without power. I was smart and shut down my computer - just in case. No computer, cant finish syllabus (yeah so why am I on here huh? I am a procrastinator) Storm let up so I came back on. I did some more work and decided to check on the incoming from 7thO. Now there is ANOTHER storm rolling in! I have the lights on in here and the lights on the fish tank and frog tank (bright in here) and still the lightning flashes bright. Thunder is getting closer.
Seems Mother Nature does not want me to do work tonight.
Back to top Go down
laxattack25

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 1:54 am

Your students will thank you for not having a syllabus...I always hated them anyways.
Back to top Go down
Zerokyuuni

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 1:59 am

Make them watch Romeo and Juliet the first few days Razz

You know, the one where it shows the girl's boobs. That'll keep them occupied for a day or so

That or busywork like "Write a 10 page essay on your summer"
Back to top Go down
Emerauldessence

Emerauldessence

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 2:46 am

Can the students even get to school in that weather? Surely your school board is not that evil.

Romeo and Juliet in fifth grade? Well, I'm sure the Sex-Ed teacher will be utterly thrilled with that one. Funny that all you remembered from that version was Juliet's feminine attributes. All I remembered was the "Ew, Romeo's ugly" from my female classmates when they showed his skinny behind (I don't actually remember if it is skinny, I just remember thinking that when I first watched it). At least that version of Romeo and Juliet made sense. I absolutely hated the Leonardo DiCaprio one. Seriously, how in the name of all that is holy is that film so popular?

If you really lack something to do, sit the kids on the ground and just read a good novel to them. That's especially nice on a languid, sunny summer afternoon. Our teacher used to take us onto the front yard and read "Holes" to us under this huge ancient tree. That was my favourite memory of Grade 6.
Back to top Go down
AB Novelist

AB Novelist

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 3:15 am

Im going to sound like a complete idiot here.. but what is a syllabus?

I havent been to school in....8 years I guess so that word lost me.
Back to top Go down
Onoz

Onoz

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 3:27 am

AB Novelist wrote:
Im going to sound like a complete idiot here.. but what is a syllabus?

I havent been to school in....8 years I guess so that word lost me.

course outline
Back to top Go down
AB Novelist

AB Novelist

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 3:29 am

Ohhh ok thanks...I should have known that lol
Back to top Go down
dezertrose

dezertrose

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 3:58 am

Ok. 1 a.m. and I am DONE with my syllabus. YAY ME!

and I teach 7th grade literature.

Now tomorrow (or more accurately - a more reasonable time today!) I will be able to concentrate on finishing my classroom and making copies. This weekend I will do my lesson planning.

I feel less stressed and will be able to go to sleep now.

oh and... the storm has finally let up.
boy that was a good one!
Back to top Go down
laxattack25

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 4:10 am

I don't remember anything I learned in 7th grade lit, except there were a few short stories they made us read that i had to read again in high school.
Back to top Go down
Zerokyuuni

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:57 am

I uh... don't remember her feminine attributes Razz

I just know the movie shows them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GameJudger

GameJudger

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:26 am

lol, sure... Or maybe you saw it and was so happy that it showed that that you bought the movie and you watch that part every night before you go to bed... Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/bloodstrom
Zerokyuuni

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:40 am

I tried... Razz

But I couldn't find the movie Sad
Back to top Go down
GameJudger

GameJudger

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 1:39 pm

Suspect Pathetic... No
Back to top Go down
Zerokyuuni

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 1:56 pm

I know. Finding that movie is HARD Sad
Back to top Go down
GameJudger

GameJudger

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 2:01 pm

Wow... Its called ebay... Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
Zerokyuuni

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 2:13 pm

I'm poor Razz

Without a credit card

And Free > Pay :p
Back to top Go down
dezertrose

dezertrose

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 2:14 am

and ebay sucks the mess off poo-apults now-a-days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: drums fingers on the table top   drums fingers on the table top Empty

Back to top Go down

drums fingers on the table top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Presence Confederation :: Presence Confederation Public Forum :: Random Collections-
Jump to: